Sweet Potato Chickpea Burgers
Category: Main Meal
Craving a burger but don’t want to deal with the guilt of eating all of that fat, red meat, and grease? By using sweet potatoes and chickpeas you can enjoy a hearty meal and still get what you are craving. You can prepare the patties up to a day in advance.
- 1 medium (270g) sweet potato
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1T olive oil
- 3 tsp Natural Magic
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp lemon peel
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 4 hamburger buns
- Place the sweet potato in a saucepan/pot and fill it up with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow potato to cool and cut into large chunks in a bowl. Add chickpeas and garlic, and mash.
- Add all other ingredients (including Natural Magic) through egg whites and mix well, then divide into 4 burgers.
- Heat an extra tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, add patties, and cook 4 minutes on each side until browned and set.
- Serve on warm hamburger buns and enjoy.
Calories: 393.5 Fat: 8.07g Saturated fat: 1.04g Carbohydrates: 69.94g Sugar: 8.1g Sodium: 679mg Fiber: 11.7g Protein: 15.47g Cholesterol: 0mg